Civil activism gains a foothold in many fields of policy decision preparation, especially in climate and environmental policy-making.
The aim of our international conference is to give place to a professional discourse of civil organizations dealing with sustainability, climate policy and environmental issues.
- What are the roles of green NGOs in society?
- How do they influence public opinion about environmental topics, and what results are they able to achieve?
- Should NGOs distance themselves from politics, or is it possible to do so at all as far as climate and environmental issues are concerned?
We are looking for answers to such questions with the contribution of our invited international and Hungarian speakers.
12:30 - 13:00 / Registration
13:00 - 13:10 / Opening
- Máté Litkei, director of Climate Policy Institute
- András Paulik, curatorium chair of Our Home, Our Planet Environmental Protection Foundation
13:10 - 14:10 / Panel I.: The V4 Civil Society and Europe's Environmental Prospects
- Csaba Szabó, curator of Green Danube Bend Foundation
- Joanna Mieszkowicz, CEO at The Aeris Futuro Foundation
- PhDr. Ing. Marcela Jokelova, project Manager of the Košice self-governing region
- Ján Rudy, Air Quality Manager, Project LIFE – IP SK Air Quality Improvement
- Denisa Lešková, projektcoordinator of Kokoza
14:10 - 15:00 / Lunch
15:00 - 16:00 / Panel II.: Green Policies or Green Politics? Ways of Environmental Protection and Fight
- Dr. Calum T. Nicholson, Visiting fellow at MCC and Danube Institute, social anthropologist, migration researcher
- Francesco Giubilei, Italian thinker and President of Nazione Futura
- Rodrigo Ballester, Conservative Activist, EU Expert and Wokebuster, Head of the Centre for European Studies at Mathias Corvinus Collegium
16:00 - 17:00 / Panel III.: The Social Role of Green NGOs
- Dr. Hajnalka Juhász, Vice President of the Christian Democratic People's Party, MP, Deputy Chairwoman of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the National Assembly
- Katalin Sipos, Director of WWF Hungary
- Máté Litkei, Director of Climate Policy Institue
- Dr. Lóránt L. Keresztes, Party Co-chairman LMP, Member of National Council for Sustainable Development
17:00 / Closing